Tough Enough for Roads. . .Or Runways.
Few types of concrete applications are subjected to the extreme demands of pavements, with continual traffic from everything from automobiles to airliners-not to mention temperature fluctuations and other stresses. Fortunately, the fiber reinforcement experts at Propex Concrete Systems offer proven steel, synthetic and blended solutions designed to perform in a wide range of pavement applications-including 10 years of proven results in heavy-duty concrete overlay and pavement applications like interstate highways, bridges and high capacity airports.
Applications Include: City streets and intersections, Local or low-volume roads, Interstate highways, Parking areas, Taxiways, Airport aprons, Overlays & toppings, Slip formed concrete, Ultra-thin whitetopping, Bridge deck overlays and walls, Barrier walls
Performs Where It Counts. All Over.
- Uniform distribution of the fibers helps create concrete composites that are tougher and much more durable.
- Inhibits crack development and provides post-crack load capacity.
- Provides superior flexural ductility and toughness, shear strength, fatigue endurance and impact resistance.
- Reduces spalling at contraction joints by keeping them tighter and more stable.
- The fibers are designed to increase the bond and interfacial friction between aggregates and cement paste.
- High tensile strength Novocon® steel concrete fibers can be used in heavy-duty concrete overlays. For combined early age plastic crack control and long-term drying shrinkage cracking, use our Novomesh® macro blended fiber technology as an alternative to steel.
- Service life of fiber reinforced concrete structures is increased over plain concrete or asphalt, resulting in reduced maintenance costs.
Your First Choice For Ultra-Thin Whitetopping (UTW).
An ideal, cost-effective solution for the restoration of deteriorated asphalt pavements on highways, streets, general aviation airports and parking areas.
- Requires placing 2-4 inches of Fibermesh® reinforced concrete overlay on a deteriorated asphalt pavement.
- Can be accomplished with "fast-track" construction techniques and conventional tools and equipment.
- Fast-track UTW designs can be placed using conventional paving equipment and can handle traffic within 24 hours.
- Allows for rehabilitation with minimal inconvenience to the public such as lane closures.
An Ideal Addition to Your Slip Forming Projects.
- Fibermesh® fibers provide a cohesive mix, creating a three-dimensional reinforcement system, which is always positioned properly.
- Provides impact resistance and reduces plastic shrinkage and settlement crack formation.
- Saves time and the additional labor costs associated with placing traditional steel reinforcement.
- Offers less edge slump during extrusions.